Struggling to drink enough in lockdown?
A very common challenge we’re seeing at the moment is keeping up water intake while wearing a mask. If you’re required to wear a mask all day for work, this is particularly important. However, even for those working from home at their desk, it can be easy to forget to drink water.
Signs of dehydration include:
- dry lips and mouth
- don’t forget very yellow and smelly pee! 🤢
This is why it’s really important to make hydration a priority. Here are some tips if you’re struggling to drink water:
- Keep a glass of water beside your bed to drink first thing in the morning.
- Fill up a large water bottle around 750ml and keep it at your desk as a reminder to drink.
- If you’re working on the frontline, keep a water bottle in your bag to drink before work, after work and during your breaks.
- If you find water tastes bland, add a couple of slices of lemon, a cold-infusion tea bag or sip on herbal tea for more flavour.
- Set reminder alarms on your phone to take breaks and drink up.
If you need help with your water intake or any aspect of your nutrition, come and see our expert Dietitian Rebecca and start reaching your heath and wellbeing goals today
Do you have more questions? Grab your FREE 10 min one-to-one phone call with Rebecca to find out how she can help you.